Investing in Gender Responsive Companies
On 19 October 2020, the UN Women and FinDevCanada co-organized the "Investing in Gender Responsive Companies" event. The event was hosted by WE EMPOWER - G7 Programme and organized in support of Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs).
The financial sector – stock exchanges, central banks, investment firms, pension funds, insurance companies and regulators among others – play an influential role in leveraging the power of capital markets to steer improvements in corporate culture and business environments that work for everyone, ultimately contributing to gender equality. This event highlighted the WEPs as a strategy for investors to steer such improvements.
In the programme:
- Opening Remarks - Anita Bhatia, Deputy Executive Director, UN Women and Paulo Martelli, Chief Investment Officer, FinDevCanada
- "Why the WEPs?" Discussion - Anna Fälth, Head of WEPs Secretariat, UN Women and Anne-Marie Levesque, Head of Gender and Impact, FinDev Canada
- Client Testimonial - Claire Cummins, Head of Environmental, Social and Governance, Climate Fund Managers
- Moderator - Diana Rusu, Policy Specialist, Innovation and Knowledge Management for Women's Economic Empowerment, WE EMPOWER - G7 Programme, UN Women
- #WeLearn: Develop Your Own Leadership Style
- Reigniting the Women's Empowerment Principles in the Indian Ocean Rim
- #WeLearn: Is Entrepreneurship for You?
- Implementing the Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs) in Fragile and Conflict-Affected States
- #WeCommit: Global Compact Network Japan Commits to Advancing Gender Equality