Webinar - Women Business Owners' Guide to Accessing CapitalGo to Video
On 30 January, the WE EMPOWER Team, in collaboration with Alice and Black Girl Ventures, hosted "Women Business Owners' Guide to Accessing Capital" webinar.
The need for capital is often the primary concern for women business founders, particularly since they received only 2% of U.S. venture capital in 2017. Both institutional and private investors are paying increased interest in gender lens investing and consider it a strategic investment decision to drive sustainable development, increase investment returns and mitigate risks associated with gender.
Leaders at the forefront of business and investment shared how emerging funding models, from corporate funds to crowdfunded pitch competitions, are increasing capital availability for women entrepreneurs and how concretely they can access capital.
Cherylyn Harley LeBon, CEO, KLAR Strategies and former Assistant Administrator, US Small Business Administration & WE EMPOWER US Advisory Group Member
Tim Rivera, Programs Officer for the EU Delegation to the United States
Shelly Bell, CEO, Black Girl Ventures
Sharon Carney, Economic Strategy Director, Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development, District of Columbia
Elizabeth Gore, President and Chairwoman of the Board, Alice
- 2019 Women’s Empowerment Principles Forum - CSW63 Side Event
- Women’s Empowerment Principles: Make Today Your Organization’s Signature Moment
- Webinar - Achieving Equal Pay: Lessons from the ILO 2018-2019 Global Wage Report and Global
- Webinar - Sexual Harassment: The Risk of Not Taking Action in the Workplace
- Webinar - G7 Success Stories under EU-Canada Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement