Webinar - Sexual Harassment: The Risk of Not Taking Action in the WorkplaceGo to Video
On 13 December 2018, the WE EMPOWER Team hosted a webinar on the topic of "Sexual Harassment: The Risk of Not Taking Action in the Workplace" to mark the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women.
Violence and harassment affect women regardless of age, location, income or social status and represents a serious obstacle to gender equality in the workplace. One in three women in Europe has experienced either physical and/or sexual violence since the age of 15, and 55 per cent of women in the EU has experienced sexual harassment. Violence signifies high costs to women in lost earnings, missed promotions and well-being, and to companies in form of absenteeism and productivity losses. The cost to the global economy of violence against women is estimated to be approximately US$12 trillion annually.
Effectively addressing this issue requires zero tolerance policies, and measures that ensure workplace health and safety, including women’s safety while traveling to and from work and on company-related business trips, and the right to time off for medical care and counseling.
- Women Deliver Live - “Equality in the workplace”
- 2019 Women’s Empowerment Principles Forum - CSW63 Side Event
- Women’s Empowerment Principles: Make Today Your Organization’s Signature Moment
- Webinar - Women Business Owners' Guide to Accessing Capital
- Webinar - Achieving Equal Pay: Lessons from the ILO 2018-2019 Global Wage Report and Global