Guidance Note for Action: Gender-Sensitive Private Sector Response to COVID-19 for Accelerated and Inclusive Economic Recovery
Declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organization, the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is already having major, differentiated impacts on women. The private sector not only has a responsibility to protect the rights of all its employees and workers and to support women across their entire value chains, but also directly benefits by doing so. This second installment to our four-part guidance note explains that if COVID-19 response and recovery plans do not integrate a gender lens, the impact of the pandemic may be exacerbated and lead to losses for businesses and economies across the region.
- ILO Monitor: COVID-19 and the World of Work. Fourth edition
- Preventing Exclusion from the Labour Market: Tackling the Covid-19 Youth Employment Crisis
- The COVID-19 Shadow Pandemic: Domestic Violence in the World of Work - A Call to Action for the Private Sector
- Equality Means Business: Using Our Principles as a Multiplier for Action and Progress
- A UN Framework for the Immediate Socio-Economic Response to COVID-19