G7 Leaders Summit 2020: Background Paper on Themes of G7 Leaders Summits (2012-2019)
Gender equality and women’s empowerment are at the heart of the universal 2030 Agenda forSustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals, specifically in relation to women’seconomic empowerment (WEE). This WEE agenda has evolved through further engagement withgovernments and other key stakeholders, such as during the 2017 United Nations Commission onthe Status of Women, the Secretary-General’s High-Level Panel on Women’s EconomicEmpowerment, the Group of 20 (G20) and the Group of 7 (G7).
The G7 has articulated its WEE position in the G7 Common Principles on Women’s Entrepreneurship(2015 Elmau); G7 Guiding Principles for Building the Capacity of Women and Girls (Ise-Shima 2016);the G7 Roadmap for a Gender-Responsive Economic Environment (Taormina 2017); the CharlevoixG7 Summit Communique (Charlevoix 2018) and Paris Declaration on Gender Equality (Biarritz 2019).
- ILO Monitor: COVID-19 and the World of Work. Fourth edition
- Preventing Exclusion from the Labour Market: Tackling the Covid-19 Youth Employment Crisis
- The COVID-19 Shadow Pandemic: Domestic Violence in the World of Work - A Call to Action for the Private Sector
- Equality Means Business: Using Our Principles as a Multiplier for Action and Progress
- A UN Framework for the Immediate Socio-Economic Response to COVID-19