Global South - State of Social Protection & Challenges to Overcoming its Gender Gaps
This issue of Development Alternatives with Women for a New Era (DAWN) Informs presents a discussion on the state of social protection in the Global South and the new (and not so new) challenges to overcoming its gender gaps. Recognizing that in the countries of the Global South, the development of social protection systems has presented features of segmentation, insufficiency, exclusion and inequality, the articles gathered here review the situation in the various regions ( Asia, Pacific, Africa and Latin America), taking into consideration their nuances and differences. The authors discuss central problematic nodes such as the social protection situation of migrant populations, female rural workers and those engaged in platform jobs. They also review experiences of resistance against the increase in precariousness in various work spaces.
- Exécutive Sommaire: Les Femmes, Leviers Du Changement
- Executive Summary: Women as Levers of Change
- Women as Levers of Change: Unleashing the Power of Women to Transform Male-Dominated Industries
- Guidance for Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- A Century Years of Maternity Protection: Transforming Leave and Care Policies for a Better Future of Work for All - Event Brief