Staying Power: Women in Science on What it Takes to Succeed
Though the representation of women in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields has increased over the years, there remains significant drop-off at every stage, particularly during the years between postdoctoral and tenure-track positions. L’Oréal USA’s For Women in Science (FWIS) fellowship program, which annually awards five women postdoctoral scientists with grants of $60,000, has represented a unique group of women who have demonstrated uncommon staying power in science. L’Oréal USA and the Heising-Simons Foundation commissioned a study of the fellows for their perspectives on what’s needed for women to succeed in science.
- Global South - State of Social Protection & Challenges to Overcoming its Gender Gaps
- Cyber Violence against Women and Girls
- World Economic Forum: The Global Risks Report 2020
- Providing Unpaid Household and Care Work in the United States: Uncovering Inequality
- WEPs Bulletin January 2020: Equality Means Business