Ethiopia Situation Analysis Report
This report is part of UN Women’s project on “Women’s Land Rights and Tenure Security in the Context of the SDGs", which collaborated with government and other stakeholders in Ethiopia to support policy efforts to advance women’s land rights and tenure security to promote gender equality and women’s economic empowerment.
The report outlines the issues surrounding land, including its access by individuals and collectives, through a gendered lens to identify key challenges for measuring women’s rights to land and tenure security in Ethiopia’s national development framework. It further discusses the opportunities that existing national frameworks offer for the integration of gender equality considerations in land sector interventions, and importantly, provides a structured set of recommendations for the reflection of the three indicators in national development frameworks. Despite the relevant international and regional policy instruments and targets, there is a critical need for more coordination, collaboration and coherence among all relevant actors to ensure that the national process to localise the 2030 Agenda, SDGs and indicators is fully supported.
- Women's Empowerment Principles: Promising Practices from 2018 - Georgia
- Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Innovation: Roundtable Summary Report
- Empowering Women for Innovation and Business Success
- Policies and practice: A guide for gender-responsive implementation of the Global Compact
- Joint Statement for International Women’s Day 2019