Ethiopia Situation Analysis Report
This report is part of UN Women’s project on “Women’s Land Rights and Tenure Security in the Context of the SDGs", which collaborated with government and other stakeholders in Ethiopia to support policy efforts to advance women’s land rights and tenure security to promote gender equality and women’s economic empowerment.
The report outlines the issues surrounding land, including its access by individuals and collectives, through a gendered lens to identify key challenges for measuring women’s rights to land and tenure security in Ethiopia’s national development framework. It further discusses the opportunities that existing national frameworks offer for the integration of gender equality considerations in land sector interventions, and importantly, provides a structured set of recommendations for the reflection of the three indicators in national development frameworks. Despite the relevant international and regional policy instruments and targets, there is a critical need for more coordination, collaboration and coherence among all relevant actors to ensure that the national process to localise the 2030 Agenda, SDGs and indicators is fully supported.
- Towards Gender Balance in Public Procurement
- Women’s human rights in the changing world of work
- Women and Trade: The role of trade in promoting gender equality
- Donner Aux Femmes le Moyens D'Innover et de Réussir en Affaires
- #WeCommit: Catalyst at Large Founder talks about the importance of Gender Lens Investing