In Brief: Women’s Land Rights and Tenure Security in the Context of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development locates land as central to poverty reduction and gender equality and to achieving all Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The Agenda’s prioritization of equal land access, use and control by women may be considered an important advance of the SDGs over the Millennium Development Goals.
This document outlines UN Women and key partners’ work in implementing interventions to address the diverse challenges women face globally in securing land rights as a means to realize relevant SDGs.
- Ending Violence and Harassment Against Women in the World of Work
- Regional Workshop Report: Ethiopia
- Women’s Empowerment Through Climate-Smart Agriculture
- Women, Food, Land: Exploring Rule of Law Linkages
- Measuring Asset Ownership and Entrepreneurship from a Gender Perspective: Methodology and Results of Pilot Surveys in Georgia, Mongolia, and the Philippines