Realizing Women’s Land Rights to Land and Other Productive Resources
The purpose of this publication is to provide detailed guidance for lawmakers and policymakers, as well as civil society organizations and other stakeholders, to support the adoption and effective implementation of laws, policies and programmes to respect, protect and fulfill women’s rights to land and other productive resources.
It is based on the results of an expert group meeting held on 25-27 June 2012 in Geneva, Switzerland, during which papers were presented from various sectors and regions. These papers, and the discussions which were informed by them, helped to bring to the surface many of the critical issues facing women today in relation to the enjoyment of their land rights. The publication also incorporates additional case studies submitted by key experts, as well as extensive thematic research.
UN Women, together with OHCHR, is currently updating this publication to incorporate the progress made in the past five years, with particular reference to the evolving normative framework and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Ending Violence and Harassment Against Women in the World of Work
- Regional Workshop Report: Ethiopia
- Women’s Empowerment Through Climate-Smart Agriculture
- Women, Food, Land: Exploring Rule of Law Linkages
- In Brief: Women’s Land Rights and Tenure Security in the Context of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development