Measuring Asset Ownership and Entrepreneurship from a Gender Perspective: Methodology and Results of Pilot Surveys in Georgia, Mongolia, and the Philippines
A growing literature confirms that women’s ownership and control of assets is integral to addressing gender inequality and thereby contributing to the achievement of the sustainable development agenda. However, comparable sex-disaggregated data that are required for monitoring progress on gender equality, including data related to many Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), are limited.
The Evidence and Data for Gender Equality (EDGE) initiative of the United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD) and United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) aims to fill the data and methodological gaps that hinder production of gender statistics needed for monitoring progress on gender equality.
- Women's Empowerment Principles: Promising Practices from 2018 - Georgia
- Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Innovation: Roundtable Summary Report
- Empowering Women for Innovation and Business Success
- Policies and practice: A guide for gender-responsive implementation of the Global Compact
- Joint Statement for International Women’s Day 2019