Cracking the Code
The “Cracking the code” publication highlights the systemic impediments girls face at every step of their educational pathways that push them out of these fields. The study shows that by higher education, females represent only 35 percent of all students enrolled in STEM-related fields of study globally. Socialisation and learning processes that perpetuate the false stereotype that "STEM subjects are for boys" carry a pernicious influence.
The report recognises the multifaceted nature of the challenge and proposes a response that is equally comprehensive, including changes to teacher training, learning contents, materials and equipment, assessment methods and tools as well as the overall learning environment and socialisation process in school.
- Women's Economic Empowerment through responsible Business Conduct in G7 Countries
- Steps for Ensuring Gender-Responsive Access to Services and to Justice in the Global Compact for Migration
- Steps for Ensuring a Gender-Responsive Global Compact for Migration
- WE EMPOWER through responsible business conduct in G7 countries - Programme Consultation
- Women's Empowerment Principles Global Trends Report 2018