Catalogue of Innovations and Good Practices on Gender and Resilience
The innovations and good practices were collected through a Call for Innovations. Innovators across Africa were invited through the call to show cutting edge innovations, including social innovations that best provide solutions on how women, girls and their communities can build and strengthen resilience through resilient technologies and associated innovative strategies, initiatives, interventions and methods which are scalable. The innovations showcased in the catalogue are both at pilot level, medium or advanced and have the potential to strengthen women’s and girls’ capacities to mitigate, adapt, recover, and learn from shocks and stresses while achieving the longer-term goal of reducing vulnerability and increase well-being of women and their communities.
This booklet is a collation of innovations and good practices by diverse organizations/ agencies demonstrating promising and good practices in operationalizing the gender and resilience agenda within their interventions at Country and/ or Regional level. The initiatives documented are evidence and constitute innovative and cutting edge examples of interventions/ programmes that could be replicated elsewhere and scaled up for impact to increase the resilience for women and girls in Africa. The catalogue has been compiled from submissions from a call for innovations and has also leveraged on existing innovative models documented by various UN agencies including the Food and Agriculture Organization- FAO and UN Women. The catalogue calls for a culture of innovative business and/ or programme models and initiatives that guarantee resilience for women while implementing ideas that create transformation in the resilience agenda in the lives of women and girls in Africa.
- Steps for Ensuring Gender-Responsive Access to Services and to Justice in the Global Compact for Migration
- Steps for Ensuring a Gender-Responsive Global Compact for Migration
- WE EMPOWER through responsible business conduct in G7 countries - Programme Consultation
- Women's Empowerment Principles Global Trends Report 2018
- Joint Statement for International Women’s Day 2018 Published by the Expert Working Group for Addressing Women’s Human Rights in the Global Compact for Migration