Reaching half of the market: Women and mobile money
In this publication, we examine the tactics used by pioneering mobile money operators to increase mobile money penetration amongst women. This publication is part of a series of deeper insights into selected topics based on the findings of the 2013 State of the Industry Report on Mobile Financial Services.3 For the first time in 2013, MMU was able to collect data on the gender of mobile money users through the Global Mobile Money Adoption Survey, which asked mobile money operators to report the gender composition of their customer base. Semi-guided interviews were then conducted with 10 of the operators that had reported high levels of penetration of their mobile money service among women in emerging markets .
- A UN Framework for the Immediate Socio-Economic Response to COVID-19
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship and the Future: International Women’s Day 2020 - Summary and Research Report
- Striving for a Union of Equality: The Gender Equality Strategy 2020-2025
- COVID-19 and Gender Rapid Self-Assessment Tool
- G7 Leaders Summit 2020: Background Paper on Themes of G7 Leaders Summits (2012-2019)