Reaching half of the market: Women and mobile money
In this publication, we examine the tactics used by pioneering mobile money operators to increase mobile money penetration amongst women. This publication is part of a series of deeper insights into selected topics based on the findings of the 2013 State of the Industry Report on Mobile Financial Services.3 For the first time in 2013, MMU was able to collect data on the gender of mobile money users through the Global Mobile Money Adoption Survey, which asked mobile money operators to report the gender composition of their customer base. Semi-guided interviews were then conducted with 10 of the operators that had reported high levels of penetration of their mobile money service among women in emerging markets .
- Staying Power: Women in Science on What it Takes to Succeed
- Taking Stock: Data and Evidence on Gender Equality in Digital Access, Skills and Leadership
- 2018 Affordability Report
- Taking Stock: Data and Evidence on Gender Equality in Digital Access, Skills, and Leadership
- 2018 EQUALS Access Coalition Progress Report