Lives in: Istanbul
Empower Women & Volunteer/Contributing Member @YenidenBiz
Non-profit organization or network
- Segregated labour market, Un(der)employment, Parental leave, Social dialogue, Work-life balance
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
Having worked both in advertising and publication sectors for several years, I am now a proud member and volunteer for YenidenBiz (a Turkish NGO which supports and helps qualified women who took a career break to return back to business). Being a part of YenidenBiz gave me a chance to meet with some extraordinary women along the way: Experienced, highly skilled, full of potential, but still struggling hard to find a way back, especially after 40. It also inspired me to join UN Women/Empower Women Global Champion for Change Programme. My heart starts beating faster just by imagining... My skills (already adding up to YenidenBiz’s very precious efforts) combining with UN Women ‘s massive impact...Having an incredible opportunity to adress the issue on a larger scale, thus reaching out and raising a voice for ‘women like us’... Paving the way for more stable economies around the world... Setting an example for my daughter at home and changing things for better for her generation of women.
- Ozlem Cengiz Alparslan liked the story 'Weaving Tales and Breaking Stereotypes'
- Ozlem Cengiz Alparslan liked the item 'Empower Women Announces the 2016-2017 Champions for Change'
- Ozlem Cengiz Alparslan replied on the discussion 'The most amazing part of this rally was...'
- Ozlem Cengiz Alparslan liked the comment in the discussion 'The most amazing part of this rally was...'
- Ozlem Cengiz Alparslan liked the comment in the discussion 'IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO START (A BUSINESS), ANYTIME IS A GOOD TIME TO START'