Lives in: Istanbul
- The business case for WEE, MDGs and beyond, Economic crises, Inclusive growth, Trade, Constitutions and legislative reform, Governance and National Planning, Regulation and Legislation, Social protection, Sectoral, Corporate, Socio-cultural, Employment creation, Un(der)employment, Youth employment, Child labour, Informal work, Unpaid (care) work, Skills development, Migration, Informal and Unpaid (care) work, Mentorship, Job training, Work-life balance, Income, Hiring and retention, Social dialogue, Part-time work, Income, Hiring and retention, Job and Business training, Parental leave, Regulation and Legislation, Work environment, Entrepreneurship, Asset ownership, Innovation-based enterprises, Business training, Business creation, planning & management, Enterprise, labour opportunities & return, Markets, Inclusive supply chain, Education, Finance, Land & housing, ICTs, Resilience & risk management, Agro-entrepreneurship & markets, Research, advisory services & innovation, Climate change, Green jobs, research & innovation, Corporate boards, Leadership, Business institutions, Parliamentary committees, Government bodies, Networks & Organizations, Cooperatives, Decision-making, Young professionals, Data and indicators, National accounts, Monitoring, Disclosure and reporting, Evaluation
Meral is Empower Women’s Regional Coordinator for Europe and Central Asia. She focuses specifically on partnership building with the private sector, universities and other stakeholders. Prior to joining the United Nations, Meral established the Women Banking department at Turk Ekonomi Bankasi where she rolled out initiatives and functions from the ground up. She has also worked at the World Bank and the private sector across Europe, Latin America, the Caribbean, Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, and the Middle East. Her areas of expertise include women entrepreneurship and financial inclusion. Meral has three boys and speaks Turkish, English, French and Spanish.
- Meral Guzel posted a new item 'Webinar - Making Equal Pay for Women and Men a Reality'
- Meral Guzel posted a new item 'Reception: Power of the Purse'
- Meral Guzel posted a new item 'Roundtable: Women Growing Inclusive and Sustainable Business'
- Meral Guzel posted a new resource 'Study on the Application of WEPs in Top 50 Companies in Indonesia'
- Meral Guzel posted a new resource 'Diversity and Inclusion Technology: The Rise of a Transformative Market'