Lives in: USA
The SAR Foundation
Non-profit organization or network
- Concepts of WEE, Inclusive growth, Social protection, Socio-cultural, Leadership
Only thing we have to fear is fear itself - FDR
Rupande was born in India & from a very young age had a fierce voice for the less fortunate; her interest primarily stemming from being physically & sexually abused at various times in her life. br /In 2002, Rupande came to the US in pursuit of her MBA. After working in the corporate sector for 10 years, & the birth of her daughter, Rupande quit her job to work for a local non-profit as a Domestic Violence Liaison. Rupande is also a writer, mainly on women’s and girl’s rights worldwide with writings featured on The Huffington Post, among others. On November 25, 2016 Rupande is launching The SAR Foundation; aimed at eradicating violence against women & girls by providing educational workshops, DV services & creating awareness. Rupande is also pursuing her MPA at Rutgers.
2016- 2017 Champion for Change @ Empower Women.
- Rupande Mehta commented on the discussion 'Protecting The Girl-Child & Young Women From Domestic 'Sexual' Violence'
- Rupande Mehta commented on the discussion 'THE GENDER PAY GAP IS REAL!'
- Rupande Mehta commented on the discussion 'My Father Refused to Pay my Fees'
- Rupande Mehta commented on the discussion 'UNICEF Free Online Course on Social Norms and Change'
- Rupande Mehta replied on the discussion 'A brilliant idea for girl-empowering :)'