Lives in: Kenya
Green Gates Ecofarm
Private sector (formal & informal)
- Education, Employment creation, Natural Resource Management, Agro-entrepreneurship & markets, Mentorship
"I will be a humming bird. I will do the best I can." Wangari Maathai -Nobel Laureate / Founder Green Belt Movement
Caroline is a B.Sc graduate running a Social Enterprise, Green Gates Ecofarm (GGE) in Kenya. She has sales & marketing management experience in the private & NGO sectors. Her organization was in 2016 granted & recognized by NETFUND Green Innovations Award & Total EcoChallenge as passionate environmentalists. GGE’s activities include wetland conservation, afforestation, mushroom cultivation, agroforestry, aquaculture and apiculture. GGE offers sustainable eco farming demonstration & vocational education to improve women’s income & conserve natural resources. Kenya Forestry Services recognized Caroline as a Heroine in Tree Planting and Forest Conservation in June 2017. She supports persons living with albinism by including them in training, seeking medical supplies & support to improve their well being. Through the Equator Initiative Prize, GGE's community-driven initiative is now featured on the SSMart for SDGs platform by UNDP. She is an Empower Women 2016-17 Champion for Change.
- caroline nyakeri commented on the story 'UN Women Launches Initiative for Reforming Gender-Discriminatory Laws'
- caroline nyakeri liked the story 'UN Women Launches Initiative for Reforming Gender-Discriminatory Laws'
- caroline nyakeri commented on the story 'Bringing Down Legal Barriers to Women’s Economic Empowerment'
- caroline nyakeri liked the story 'A World Free from Gender Biases'
- caroline nyakeri commented on the story 'A World Free from Gender Biases'