High-Level Roundtable “Gender Equality and COVID-19 Crisis Response and Recovery: The G7's Role”
The roundtable is organized by UN Women, the European Union and the ILO as part of the joint WE EMPOWER G7 programme. The high-level roundtable aims to identify a set of concrete recommendations for advancing gender equality and women’s economic empowerment in the post-COVID-19 era.
|G7 LEADERS SUMMIT 2020: BACKGROUND PAPER ON THEMES OF G7 SUMMITS|
Social media package here.
- Highlight the important role of women’s economic empowerment as a continued priority for the G7, and the importance of women’s economic security, to address the economic impact of the pandemic.
- Illustrate the key role of the private sector globally as employers and as partners with national governments in supporting women’s economic empowerment.
- Showcase how COVID-19 has impacted women-owned businesses and entrepreneurs, and the key role they will play in the recovery.
- Identify three to four recommendations to be included in the communique.
For further information and analysis of the gender impacts of COVID-19, please refer to:
- The impact of COVID-19 on Women
- COVID-19 and Gender Equality: A Call to Action for the Private Sector
- Closing Gender Pay Gaps to Achieve Gender Equality at Work
- COVID-19 and Ending Violence Against Women and Girls
- The COVID-19 Response: Getting Gender Equality Right for a Better Future for Women at Work
- Family-Friendly Policies and Other Good Workplace Practices in the Context of COVID-19: Key Steps Employers Can Take
- Step It Up G7: An Extraordinary Time Requires Extraordinary Solidarity